Tuesday, April 29, 2008

2008 Stimulus Check $600

Well for some the stimulus check is going to buy that new plasma tv or pay down those credit card bills. I have a week or so before mine hits my bank account and have been trying to find a place to put it. I will be investing it somewhere other than Prosper. I have reached a personal milestone on Prosper.com and will stop all additional fund transfers to the online lending platform. I am now receiving over $100 a month from my loans and its become self sufficient as far as funds go. I will still log in weekly to check balances and make new bids with available funds from interest and principle payments. So what to do with my new $600 windfall. I have recently started to pump up my TDAmeritrade for a stock purchase. I have thought about using the $600 to buy a few more shares but with the market the way it is... I have been buying shares of MVIS steadily for the past year. The price has been somewhat of a roller coaster. The company is developing a small pico projector that will be installed in cell phones and will allow beam of light to project whatever is on your cell phone screen to a wall or any other solid surface. This is a good idea for people that have trouble seeing the screen. They make the screens so small these days. The shares run between $2-4 depending on the month. They are a well known company in the military field and offer many other applications for their technology's. I feel they have a great future and will offer a great return on my $600!

No comments: